Car rental experience abroad: useful information
The below rules work for the car rental of majority of the countries, but we highly recommend you to check terms and conditions of the country where you are going to before renting with Budget.
1. Conditions of car rental (for economy and standard car group):
- Driver’s minimum age – more than 21 y o;
- Driving experience – 2 years and more
2. Conditions of car rental (for business car group):
- Driver’s minimum age – more than 23 y o;
- Driving experience – 3 years and more
3. When booking a car with Budget, you can choose convenient rental location (pick up location and return location) and a group of car, but please remember that a specific model is not guaranteed.
4. For car rental you will need to have following documents: valid international passport, valid driving license, we recommend to issue international driving license (international driving license is not valid without national driving license as it is just the translation), credit card and rental confirmation, which you will get to your e-mail after booking made on our website. If you have booked a car of business car group you will need to show two credit cards before picking up your car at the rental station.
5. We accept credit cards only for payment and deposit. The deposit will be used to cover the expenses in case of damage or theft of the car. At the rental station you can reduce your excess (liability) for an additional fee;
6. If you are going to travel outside the country of your rent, please contact Budget to check what countries you are allowed to visit and what additional documents you will need;
7. When you hire with Budget, you get a car with a full tank of fuel to begin your rental. You will need to return the vehicle full or to choose one of the fuel options, allowing you to select the best one for your personal circumstances.
8. If you are not going to rent a car due to some changes in your plans, please, be sure to contact Budget to cancel your reservation more than 72 hours before your rental, because if you do not cancel your reservation within the time frame and you do not show up for the car booked for you, the administrative fee may be applied ( it includes the cost of dry cleaning , washing, transportation to the rental location etc).
9. You should examine the car carefully before renting. And if there is any damage, it should be noted in your rental agreement.
10. Extras such as additional driver, child seat, GPS, etc can be booked online while making a booking, but you can pay for them at the rental location only. Please ask about additional cover if you need it before renting,
Please note that Budget has rights to deny the car rental if the driver’s documents don’t meet the requirements.